Murrieta Divorce Mediation Lawyer

Resolving Your Divorce Through Mediation Sessions

At our Murrieta family law firm, we understand that divorce and other family law related matters will be a difficult, emotional rollercoaster. You will be upset one day, happy the next, frustrated the next and so on. Without an outsider's opinion, you may make decisions in the heat of the moment that can result in catastrophic consequences for your children in the future. While divorce is traditionally an unpleasant process, our legal team has devised a way to help entire families through the divorce process together in a more settling way. We help clients in Murrieta and Temecula, and throughout Riverside County.

What is divorce mediation?

By choosing divorce mediation, you will agree to have your private and personal matters settled with a neutral legal representative. You and your soon-to-be ex-spouse will sit down together and talk about important matters that must be resolved before the divorce can be complete, including child custody, child support, property distribution, spousal support and visitation.

While we can act as a negotiator or a mediator between the two parties, we cannot actually force you to come to a specific decision, only encourage it. If you are unable to settle upon certain aspects of the divorce, you will be forced to bring the case to court. However, many people choose the path of mediation because it can be less destructive to the children in the family. When the children see their parents getting along during matters such as divorce, it can be less detrimental to their future.

Whether you choose the path of divorce mediation or file a contested divorce, it is always important to have your divorce attorney present. Without legal representation, you may fail to understand your rights or the proper procedure to follow and end up spending more money and taking even longer to complete the process.

Speak with a Murrieta divorce attorney from our firm today in a free consultation! Contact us to learn more about your case.